Martes, Abril 10, 2012

The Gift Walk 2012

Every Holy Week,  There is so much rituals and attention to the life of Christ. Unfortunately, most of this is in the area of his suffering and the penance that Catholics should endure in order to ensure their forgiveness. This year I chose to experience Alay Lakad. So I walked with millions of Filipinos on their pilgrimage to Antipolo.

We left the house around 8:30pm and we got to Antipolo by 12:30am. At first, I thought walking for hours would be really hard and we would have to make a lot of rest stops but it wasn't tiring at all.(maybe because it's my first time and so excited. haha!) I love the fact that there were a lot of stations for first aid and services.. ESPECIALLY the FREE WATER stations! Seeing the number of people participating, feeling the cool evening breeze, and enjoying the endless line of stalls and street foods were enough to keep me up walking.


When we reached the Church. It was still closed but people liked to go up to the guarded front door, throw coins inside the church and make a wish.

Before going back, We had our super early breakfast at tapsi ni momsi. I had Daing na bangus.(not in the picture) Jake had their famous tapa, while Joma had  beef pares. ( which I'm not familiar with! haha! but looks good though.)
                                                                   Jake and Joma


                                                                            Me


                                                                        The Crowd


I'm very thankful that I joined this activity. It was a form of penitence, for me. however, I started feeling the blisters on my feet. I knew it would take a few days to heal, but I also knew Jesus suffered more than just blisters to save me. and  It was a little sacrifice we willingly did to move towards Christ.



I think it’s something that every Filipino should experience- Be one with the crowd who share the same faith. It is a long walk, which is good time to reflect especially if you’re with your loved ones.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento